SureFire® E2T-MV Tactician
The SureFire® MaxVision Beam® is best described as a smooth, low-candela flood beam. A flood beam is not in our opinion ideal for serious defensive use, but the Tactician's LED emits clean white light, making it useful for a variety of EDC tasks. Though we prefer a higher-candela beam profile for situational awareness and self-defense purposes, overall the E2T-MV certainly more than lives up to its “Tactician” designation. EDCLB SureFire® E2T-MV Tactician Upgrades*
- Tailcap Upgrade
- The E2T-MV comes from SureFire® with a “twisty” tailcap based on the Z52 design. This tailcap is optimized for momentary operation, which is a priority for any light being used for “tactical” applications such situational awareness or self-defense. But there are several downsides to this design;
- The switch consists of an aluminum plunger that when the switch is pressed makes contact with the rear edge of the body to complete the electrical circuit. Though this design is extremely robust, the aluminum is prone to oxidation on the contact surface, which can cause the light to flicker without a very firm press. This grows worse over time and due to the plunger being retained in the tailcap body with a rivet, the contact surface of the plunger is extremely difficult to reach and clean.
- Due to the “twisty” design, the tailcap must be turned and tightened against the body for constant-on operation. This will generally require two hands to accomplish. While this is ideal for a light intended for self defense, it’s less than ideal for more general purpose applications - especially for a light that features a low output “administrative” mode with greatly extended run time.
These tailcaps are available with the standard soft-press boot or with an optional low profile medium press boot for enhanced momentary operation (as supplied with the Personal Security Pro flashlight models). The medium press boot requires a deep deliberate press with the tip of the thumb to latch constant-on as shown in the photos below;
From SureFire® the E2T-MV comes with a body-mounted pocket clip for carrying the light bezel-up. There are some common complaints with this pocket clip;
- The clip is not a “deep pocket carry” design - the entire head assembly rides exposed above the pocket
- For pocket carry, most prefer a bezel down design that better protects the head and helps prevent accidental activation
- Deep Carry Pocket Clip
- Lanyard loop with Finger Ring
- Both pocket clip and lanyard loop with finger ring
Though not advertised by SureFire®, the E2T-MV runs perfectly on a single 16650 Li-ion cell (4.2 volts). Maximum output is reduced to about 670 lumens, but run time is extended and without having to constantly buy replacement CR123 batteries, the cost of operation reduced. Shop 16650 Li-ion Rechargeable Cells